Q: How many books can the PRS-505 hold in internal memory?
A: Up to 160 Ebooks. You can also store thousands of additional books on a SD memory card.
Q: Can I adjust the font size?
A: Yes, you can adjust between three available font sizes.
Q: Can I read in sunlight?
A: Yes, with 8 levels of grey scale and the revolutionary e-paper technology, it is equipped for easy reading everywhere with no strain on eyes – just like reading paper.
Q: How do I download content to my sony device?
A: Hook up the device via USB cable to your computer to access the ebook library and companion software on your computer. From your computer you can browse content, make purchases, and download to your Digital book.
Q: How long does the battery last?
A: Up to 7,500 pages turns depending on the size of the font.
Q: What’s the cost?
A: About $300 dollars.
Q: Can I download content wirelessly?
A: No, all content must be downloaded via USB cable from the companion store on your computer to the device.
Q: What common format does it supports?
A: PDF, word, JPEG… among others.
Q: What if my device get damage, can i replace it?
A: You can sign up for a one of the several protection plans offered by Sony, go to Sonystyle plan and choose your plan.
Q: Are there any special promotions available on this device at present?
A: yes, you can Get 100 free Connect™ eBooks Classics titles. Just follow the instruction below:
1. Purchase the Reader between 1/31/2008 and 9/30/2008.
2. Create an account with the eBook Store from Sony using the supplied eBook Library software.
3. Connect the Reader to your PC through USB.
4. Log into your eBook Store account, choose “manage devices” and follow the directions to authorize the Reader. Internet connection required.
5. Credit will automatically be put in your account. This credit must be used by 10/31/08. See classic titles available here and be sure to pay attention to the terms and conditions.