This is the second part in a series of instructions on how to get the best out of your iPhone…
Activation – Sign up for a service plan with an iPhone service carrier in your area and registering iPhone with the network. This is normally done at the time of service.
Upgrading– From original iPhone to iPhone 3G, contact your service provider and they will do it for you.
Install a SIM card – Usually comes with iPhone purchase. iPhone cannot function without it. If for some reason it’s not installed, do the following:
- Insert the end of the SIM eject tool into the hole on the SIM tray.
- Press firmly until the tray pops out…no eject tool? Use the end of a paper clip.
- Pull out the SIM tray and place the SIM card in the tray.
- carefully replace the SIM tray containing the SIM card in iPhone
Registering with iTunes – Enables iTunes to identify your iPhone when it’s connected to your computer. With this registration you will be able to:
- Manage iPhone contents.
- Sync information with your computer and media from iTunes
- Create backups of iPhone’s contents and settings
- Create an iTunes Store account, or specify an existing account, for futher iPhone purchases.
- iTunes records iPhone’s serial number in the event you need it for service or in case of loss.
How to register with iTunes
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes from iTunes download to your computer.
- Connect iPhone to Mac or PC using USB 2.0 cable that comes with iPhone
- Follow the onscreen instructions register iPhone and sync iPhone .
Select “Automatically sync contacts, calendars and bookmarks” to automatically sync your iPhone with them when its connected to the computer.
Part 3 coming up…