One of the “kool” features of the iPhone is that You can customize the layout of icons on the Home screen. And that of course include the Dock icons that are sitting at the bottom of the screen. Here’s what you can do:
You can Re-arrange icons
- Touch and hold any of the Home screen icons until it starts to wiggle.
- Drag the icon to where you want to place it on the screen.
- Press the Home button to fix and save the new arrangement.
You can add links to your favorite websites To the Home screen
- Create additional Home screens by dragging an icon to the right edge of the screen until a new screen appears.
- Return to the original screen by flicking back, then drag additional icons to the new screen.
– You can create a total of up to nine screens. The number of dots above the Dock is equal to the number of Home screens you have created. The hi-lighted dock tells you which Home screen you are on.
– Also, Instead of flicking (to the left or right) to switch Home screens, you can tap to the left or to the right of the row of dots above the Dock.
If in the end your are not satisfied with your Home screen layout, you can reset it to the default layout. Simply do the following:
1. Choose Settings
2. Select General
3. Press Reset
4.Tap Reset Home Screen Layout
…and you are done.