If you are a first time user and your iPhone 3G is brand new, you will need to add contacts to your iPhone otherwise, you will have to dial the number directly using the keypad.
To add contacts, do the following
1. turn on your iPhone
2. look for and tap contact at the bottom of the screen.
3. look for and tap the plus (+) sign a the top right hand corner of the screen.
4.Fill in the necessary information for the new contact.
5. Add photo by tapping the add photo icon a the top left hand corner of the screen.
6. Choose your existing photo (should already be on the iPhone) or take a brand new photo
7. Save the information by tapping the save button at top right hand corner of the screen.
Making the call
1. Maneuver back to to the contact screen.
2. Scroll up and down to choose the person you want to call
3. Tap on the name then the number to call the person.
4. If the person’s name is not listed among your contacts, tap the keypad at the bottom of the screen, dial the number and you are on your way.
Check recent calls by tapping the word “recents” at the bottom of the screen.
Return the call by tapping on the name.
1. To check voice mail, tap on the voice mail icon a the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap to select the voice mail you want to listen to
3. Delete when done, or call back the number
4. Change the nature of your voice mail greeting by selecting greeting at the top left hand corner of the screen.
Note: before voice mail will work properly, you will need to set it up first by selecting a password for access and choosing a customized greeting or the default greeting that comes with your iPhone.