You can listen to Audio books on your kindle from Audible.com. Here’s how:
- Log on to http://www.audible.com/kindle
- Create an account or Log In, if you already have an audible account.
- Download and install the latest AudibleManager software on your PC.
- Connect your Kindle to your PC using the USB connection.
- Launch the AudibleManager on your PC.
- Activate your Kindle using the “Activate . . .” command under Devices in AudibleManager… This will authorize your Kindle to play the audiobooks you purchase at Audible.com.
- Use AudibleManager to transfer your audiobook to your Kindle.
Listening to Audiobook
After you download your audio book, a small speaker icon will appear next to the title of each audiobooks on your Kindle Home screen.
- Select the title from your Home screen using the select wheel.
- On the detail page, choose the desired audio control button using the select wheel.
Among the available audio controls for navigation are the following:
- Beginning: Takes you back to the beginning of the audiobook.
- Previous Section: Begins playback from the previous section/chapter.
- Back 30 sec.: Begins playback 30 seconds back from your current location.
- Play/Pause: Plays or Pauses the audio playback. (A Stop option is not available.)
- Forward 30 sec.: Begins playback 30 seconds forward from your current location.
- Next Section: Begins playback from the next section/chapter.
Adjusting the Volume and Using Headphones
- Use the built-in volume control at the bottom your Kindle to increase or decrease the volume.
- Insert a headphone in the headphone jack at the bottom of the unit, to privately listen to the audio book, the external speaker will be disabled.