You can highlight text or take notes in kindle the way you would use a highlighter or pen on paper. Everything you highlight and note is also added to your “My Clippings” file that appears on your Kindle Home screen.
Highlighting one or more lines
1. Scroll the cursor to the first line that you want to highlight and press the select wheel.
2. Select “Add Highlight.” from the menu to mark the beginning of your selection with a horizontal line. 3. Scroll to the end of the passage you want to highlight and press the select wheel…a box will appear around the highlighted passage.
Removing a highlight:
1. Scroll to any line in the highlighted passage and press the select wheel.
2. Choose “Delete Highlight” and press the select wheel…The box will disappear from around the passage indicating that it is no longer highlighted.
Adding a note:
1. Scroll anywhere in your content and press the select wheel.
2. Select “Add Note” from the menu that appears and use the keyboard to enter your changes.
3. When you are finished, scroll to “Done” and press the select wheel.
Editing or Deleting a Note:
1. Return to a note and press the select wheel.
2. Choose “Edit Note” or “Delete Note” from the menu to carry out the selected action.
Viewing Your Highlights and Notes:
1. Select “My Notes & Marks” from the menu to display all marks you’ve made in a particular reading. Each entry will show the location number, highlighted passage, and notes.
2. Select Next Page to move through all highlights and notes…you can turn pages in this file just as you would in a book.
3. Select a highlight or note and view the marked section in your reading by scrolling to the desired item and press the select wheel…to return to you previous reading location prior to activating the My Notes and Marks view section, press the Back button.
Filed under: kindle tid bits | Tagged: adding a kindle note, Highlighting one or more lines on Kindle, how to effectively highlight, make notes, navigate among them on your kindle, removing a kindle highlight, viewing kindle highlights and notes |