1) To get the time “Hit” Alt + T, you should see the time appearing at the bottom of your Kindle regardless of what page you are on.
2) Another Free book source – http://www.Freebooks.com. Simply create an account, sign in, download your choice of books to your desktop (in Kindle compatible .Mobi format), then use the USB cable to download to your kindle, read and enjoy.
3) “Alt + B” will quickly bookmark you page.
4) “Alt + Next page” or “Alt + Prev Page” will take give you a big jump forward or backward through your document. This is especially helpful when you want to navigate quickly through a document.
5) Have a digital document you want to read that’s not compatible with your Kindle? Email it to yourkindleName@Kindle.com for conversion to Kindle compatible format and have it emailed directly to your Kindle for a dime. For more information see this article